When it comes to cleaning, it can be easy to overlook things like cleaning throw pillows or washing tablecloths; however, these items, especially well-used tablecloths, deserve TLC cleaning well. Of course, some tablecloths can be easily washed at home. However, other, more intricate tablecloths or heirlooms should be cleaned or professionally laundered to preserve their beauty.
How Often Should I Clean Tablecloths?
If you use a tablecloth daily, you should deep clean the tablecloths at least once a month. However, if there are spills, they should be cleaned immediately, and the potential stain should be treated with the proper stain removal. If you use your tablecloth infrequently or only for special occasions, it should be cleaned and ironed before and after use.
- Before washing, check the labels. While some tablecloths require hand washing, others may be machine washed, usually in cold water on a gentle cycle.
- Use a padded hanger to help prevent wrinkles on freshly ironed linens. Hang only one cloth per padded hanger and leave plenty of space between the hangers so the air can circulate.
- Do not put tablecloths or linens in plastic bags, cardboard boxes, or in direct contact with wood drawers or cedar chests. The fumes and acids from these items can cause the fabric to turn yellow or weaken.
- Prevent wrinkles by rolling the linens around a cardboard tube.
- Refold the linens at least twice yearly to prevent continued stress in any area.
Fine linens, whether heirloom or new, require proper care and maintenance to stay beautiful. From Battenberg lace and silks to delicate embroidery, when you trust your linens to the experts at Flair, you can rest assured that they will be spot-treated and cleaned with extra attention to detail. Our GreenEarth process rinses away cleanly every time. And our hand finishing ensures stunning results every time.
Leave a Comment