Properly fitting clothes should feel comfortable. They should drape your body without stretching or billowing and accentuate your frame. Here are a few tips to ensure your clothes fit well.
- The shoulder seams should lie across the top of the center of the shoulder.
- The shirt should not billow when tucked in.
- It should never pull or stretch around the chest or buttons.
- Two fingers should fit between the collar and your neck.
- Cuffs should end at the dimple in the wrist.
- The jacket should fit comfortably in the shoulders and chest.
- Cuffs should extend ¼ inch below the jacket sleeve when arms are down.
- Jacket buttons should rest at your stomach.
- The back of the jacket should extend to the top of the thigh.
- Pants should be comfortable around the waist and be tight enough to stay up without a belt.
- In terms of length, the front of the legs should have a small break where they meet the shoes.
- The rear of the legs should reach the top of the sole of the shoe.
The next time you put on a suit, check it against these tips. If your fit is not quite right, bring them to Flair Cleaners for minor alterations. Alterations are completed in two days and include professional dry cleaning and finishing. Check with your local Flair Cleaners for a complete list of our tailoring services. Remember, when you clothes fit well, you’ll feel your best!
Leave a Comment